Saturday, April 4, 2009

Recipes - new to me!



Since the beginning of the year I have tried every week to make something new. I got tired of making the same old boring dinners so I wanted to teach myself how to cook and properly prepare dinners.

I am obsessed with Paula Deen. She had nothing and has turned her business into what it is today. One day I will stop in Savannah at her restaraunt!




I am going to take full advantage of the gorgeous weather we have today and make Bobby's (Paula's son) Dry Rub Baby Back Ribs! YUMMY!





Ingredients
1 tablespoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
4 pounds baby back ribs, cut into 2-rib portions


Directions
In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients except the ribs. Rub spice mixture all over the ribs. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate ribs for at least 2 hours or up to 12 hours.
Preheat the grill to medium heat.
Arrange the ribs on the barbeque and grill for 40 to 45 minutes, turning with tongs occasionally until meat is tender and crisp on the outside.


Now for dessert.................drum roll please................................................


BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE TART!



Ingredients
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 eggs
12 vanilla wafers
1 (21-ounce) can blueberry filling, or other pie filling
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place a paper cupcake liner in each cup of a muffin pan.
Beat cream cheese with a handheld electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Place a vanilla wafer, flat side down, in each muffin cup. Spoon cream cheese mixture over wafers. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow tarts to cool completely. Serve with blueberry filling on top, or pie filling of your choice.
These both sound really easy and I will update with my creations! It's only 9:15am and I am ready to make this already!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds so good. I've been going though cookbooks I have and looking up some new ideas. Harder for me though..I'm a family of 5 that eats like 10 sometimes!! Kim